Today’s big idea comes from John Medina and his bestselling book ‘Brain Rules’. In the book, he walks the reader through ‘Twelve principles’ for Surviving and Thriving at ‘Work’, ‘Home’ and ‘School’. He calls these principles ‘Brain Rules’! This is our Bouillon Cube summary of the book.
As always, we highly recommend reading the whole book. You can buy here.
The 12 Brain rules are as follows:
- Survival. – The human brain evolved, too.
- Exercise – Exercise boosts brain power
- Sleep – Sleep well, Think well
- Stress – Stressed brains do not learn the same way as non-stressed brains
- Wiring – Every Brain is Wired Differently
- Attention – People don’t pay attention to boring things
- Memory – Repeat to remember
- Sensory Integration – Stimulate more of the senses at the same time
- Vision – Vision trumps all other senses
- Music – improves listening abilities, language skills and the ability to detect emotions.
- Gender – Male and Female Brains are different
- Exploration – We are powerful and natural explorers
We hope you will enjoy the video! If you do, please remember to give it ‘a like’ and to share it with your network and on your social media.
If you have any thoughts, insights or ideas for books to cover we’d love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.
I hope you will enjoy the video. That it will inspire you, help you Grow your Mind and Motivate You to be The Best You!
You can check out the video here.
If you do decide to visit The channel please remember to Subscribe so you don’t miss out on future Big Ideas!!
**And If you enjoy our videos, please consider supporting us on Patreon – Your support would not only mean the world to us but also allow us to continue making awesome FREE content.
Take care and see you soon.