Today’s Big Idea comes from Robert Cialdini and his classic book – ‘Influence – The Psychology of Persuasion’.
In the book, he enlightens the psychology behind making people ‘say yes’ and how to apply these principles ethically in business and everyday situations.
He walks the reader through six universal principles of influence. Explains how you can use them to become a skilled persuader—and, just as importantly, how to defend yourself against dishonest influence attempts.
- Reciprocation: The internal pull to repay what another person has provided us.
- Commitment and Consistency: Making a choice or taking a stand, and subsequently working hard to behave consistently in order to justify the decision.
- Social Proof: Looking at people that are similar to us to provide correct actions.
- Liking: The tendency to agree with people we like.
- Authority: We are more likely to say “yes” to others if we see them as authority figures.
- Scarcity: We want more of what is less available or decreasing in availability.
As always, I highly recommend reading the book, but should you feel short on time you can watch our animated summary by clicking the link below.
I hope you will enjoy the video. That it will inspire you, help you Grow your Mind and Motivate You to be The Best You!
You can check out the video here.
If you do decide to visit The channel please remember to Subscribe so you don’t miss out on future Big Ideas!!
**And If you enjoy our videos, please consider supporting us on Patreon – Your support would not only mean the world to us but also allow us to continue making awesome FREE content.
Take care and see you soon.
This is our Bouillon Cube summary of the book. As always we highly recommend reading the whole book. You can buy it by clicking this link.